Early Cancer Detection Blood Test
Introduction of Early Cancer Detection Program
We hold on tightly to the old adage ‘Prevention is Better Than Cure’. Our revolutionary early cancer detection test in KL, Malaysia, utilizes cutting-edge technology to detect early indications of cancer, which is crucial for timely intervention and improved treatment outcomes. Our cancer detection program aims to improve patient outcomes and survival rates by empowering individuals to take control of their health and proactively manage their cancer risk.
Things to Avoid Before Your Blood Test
It’s essential to follow these to ensure accurate results from your cancer detection blood test:
- Do not eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum for at least 30 minutes prior to collecting the DNA sample, as these activities can introduce contaminants into the mouth.
- Do not collect the sample if you have an open sore or lesion in your mouth, as this can introduce contaminants or affect the accuracy of the test results.
- Do not use any mouthwash or oral rinse prior to collecting the DNA sample, as these products can affect the accuracy of the test results.
Following these simple guidelines will help ensure accurate and reliable blood test results.
Benefits of Early Cancer Detection
The benefits of early cancer detection tests are numerous and can have a significant impact on an individual’s health outcomes. Here are some of the key benefits of early cancer detection tests:
- Increased chances of successful treatment: When cancer is detected early, it is often more treatable and can be cured with less aggressive treatment options. This can increase the chances of successful treatment and improve overall outcomes.
- More treatment options: Early detection can provide individuals with more treatment options, including surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and targeted therapy. The earlier cancer is detected, the more options there are for treatment, which can improve the chances of success.
- Reduced treatment costs: Early detection can help reduce the overall cost of cancer treatment, as less aggressive treatments are often less expensive than more advanced treatments.
- Reduced risk of cancer spreading: When cancer is detected early, there is a reduced risk of it spreading to other parts of the body, which can improve overall outcomes and increase the chances of survival.
- Increased survival rates: Early detection can significantly increase survival rates for many types of cancer. By detecting cancer in its earliest stages, individuals have a better chance of surviving the disease.
Your DNA remains constant throughout your lifetime, except in rare circumstances. Genotyping examines specific locations in your DNA and detects variations. Therefore, a genetic profiling test is usually conducted once in a lifetime for healthy individuals to assess particular health risks.
The age at which individuals should begin getting screened for cancer varies depending on a number of factors, including family history and personal risk factors. It is recommended to discuss screening options with a healthcare provider who can provide personalized recommendations based on individual risk factors.
Yes, there are some general symptoms that may indicate cancer, including unexplained weight loss, changes in bowel or bladder habits, persistent coughing, fatigue, and abnormal bleeding or discharge. However, it’s important to note that not all cancers cause symptoms, which is why early detection through screening tests like genomic testing is so important.
Yes, there are several lifestyle changes individuals can make to reduce their risk of cancer, including maintaining a healthy diet, getting regular exercise, avoiding tobacco and excessive alcohol use, protecting the skin from the sun, and getting recommended cancer screenings. It’s important to discuss any lifestyle changes with a healthcare provider to determine what is appropriate based on individual risk factors.
Blood Test Cancer Packages
For detailed pricing information and to learn more about our blood test for cancer detection packages, get in touch with our doctors and clinic assistants at Dr. Prevent’s Clinic.